Welcome and thank you for your interest in Dense Breast-info, Inc., a New York nonprofit corporation, and our website at densebreast-info.org (hereafter “DBI” or “Our,” “We” or “Us”).
How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect.
Personally identifiable information collected on Site may be used to:
- Fulfill and deliver an order, donation or purchase
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services or following up on a donation
- Generate analytics that improve the Site’ layout, content and offerings
- Compile user data that is stored in Our corporate database (directly or through Our business partners and/or affiliates)
- Contact you regarding other products and services offered by or through DBI, if any
- Comply with legal requirements
Other (Non-Personally Identifiable) Information We Collect From Website Visitors.
The Site collects other non-personally identifiable information from visitors. This means that We do not track these items on an individual basis that identifies the visitor, but rather gather and collect this information on an aggregate basis that includes all visitors to the Site. Non-personal information includes tracking the pages on the Site that are visited or the amount of time spent on the Site.
How We Use the Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect.
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on Site may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in design of Site and to identify popular features
- Measure activity on Site to allow Us to update such Site to better meet user wants and needs
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
Sharing Your Information.
We do not share, sell or rent personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties for their own use without providing you a choice. Personal information that you provide to Us in the course of using features of Site, making a donation or requesting information, a product or service through the Site may be gathered and stored and be used for purposes of contacting you for things like thanking you, promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from the Site or from Our business partners.
Vendors, contractors or partners of the Site who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for the Site are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for the Site or to market products and services to you as long as you have the option to opt out of that communication.
Disclosure to Third Parties/Business Partners. If you provide personal information to make a donation or purchase a product offered through the Site, your information will be provided to Us as well as to third party businesses who process your credit card information, work with Us on order forms on the Site and/or fulfill the order. We will provide individually identifiable information about visitors to Site to third parties who are not business partners only if We are compelled to do so by order of a duly empowered governmental authority (including, but not limited to, a court order), or to comply with laws or regulations or in order to provide services you request. In these circumstances, your information may be divulged without your consent.
Cookies. We may use “Cookies.” Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer hard drive. Cookies can identify a particular computer, but not an individual user. Advertisers may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Cookies used on the Site are categorized as detailed below. While We may not use all these categories, the guide separates cookies into the following types:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies enable you to browse the Site and use features. Without these cookies, services such as e-billing and shopping carts, if any, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors utilize the Site, allowing Us to improve the Site. These cookies also let affiliates/business partners know if you came to the Site from an affiliate or business partner and if your visit resulted in a purchase. No personal information is collected.
- functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make while browsing the Site. We may store geographic location to ensure the Site is optimized for your area or We may store text, font or other customizable elements. These cookies will not collect any information that personally identifies you and will not track your browsing activity on other websites.
California Users. Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, and once per year, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from Us customer information We shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which We shared customer information during the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in Our response.
Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information. In the event we permit user accounts to Our Site, You will be able to access, correct or update your personal information. You will be asked for your ID and password so that We may be able to process your changes. We will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information.
Security of Your Information. It is important that you protect your ID and password to keep your information confidential and to protect your account, if any. Always be sure to log out when you are done using the Site. We also take certain steps to keep user names and passwords confidential. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us or that We transmit to you. We disclaim any and all liability for disclosure of any information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties as more specifically detailed in the Disclaimer.
Linked Site. The Site provides links to other websites or may use third-party providers. If a hyperlinked website from Us exists, that other website may ask for personal information – for instance, if you are purchasing a product or service. We have no control over a third party’s use of any personal information you provide. We urge you to exercise care when providing personal information to anyone. The Site is not responsible for the privacy policies, content or data handling practices on other websites.
Advertising. We may use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit Our Site. Such third-party companies may use information (not including your name, address or email address) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements on the Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice, and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please review your rights at the Network Advertising Initiative web site.
Email Inquiry. If you send an email inquiry to DBI, the return email address is used for the answer. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose and do not share it with any third party.
Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to Us. It is Our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and all other applicable laws. While individuals under the age of 13 may access and view the Site and We make every effort to ensure that pages are appropriate for Our audience, We ask that you carefully monitor your children’s activities on the Site. We believe that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. We recommend that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to DBI, or to anyone else online.
There are several exceptions that permit collection of a child's email address without receiving parental consent in advance:
- To provide the parents with notice and to seek consent for communications with the child. Note: this may require collection of the parent's email address as well.
- To respond to a one-time request from a child.
- To respond more than once to a child's request; i.e., subscription to a newsletter, however, parental consent is required prior to the second communication.
- To protect the safety of a child who is participating on the Site; i.e., in a chat room.
- To protect the Site or to respond to law enforcement; i.e., in the case of a website compromise.
Personal information about children under 13 years of age may be needed to respond to their communication to Us, such as to receive a publication. Personal information about your child will be destroyed immediately upon completion of its intended purpose.
Finally, We may provide on-line tools and services. A child under 13 years old may inadvertently provide personal information to one of these services. If this should happen, the information about the child will be deleted immediately as soon as We know of it.
Public Areas of Site. Please remember that any information you may disclose in any public areas of a website or the Internet becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
Hackers. While We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of Our network and systems using the standard measures in place through our website host, We cannot guarantee that such security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.