DenseBreast-info.org is an information resource focused on providing breast density information to both patients and health care professionals. This medically sourced educational tool is the collaborative effort of breast imaging experts and medical reviewers and has been developed to help guide discussion of the question: "Have dense breasts…now what?"
- JoAnn Pushkin, serves as Executive Director of the organization and President of the Board of Directors. She is also a patient advocate and Co-Founder of DENSE and Founder of DENSE NY.
- Laurie Scofield, CPA, CIA, CRMA, Treasurer / Secretary, is an audit and risk management professional, and is also a patient advocate and the Founder of DENSE NJ.
- Wendie Berg, MD, PhD, serves as Chief Scientific Advisor to the organization and is Professor of Radiology at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine/Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
- Sharon Smith, Doctorate Strategic Leadership, is a business development consultant with extensive experience in marketing, commercial strategy, and successful product launches.
Medical Advisory Board:
- Emily F. Conant, MD, FSBI, Professor and Chief, Division of Breast Imaging, Vice Chair of Faculty Development, Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Stamatia V. Destounis, MD, FACR, FSBI, Attending Radiologist, Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, Professor, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Paula Gordon, OBC, MD, FRCPC, FSBI, Clinical Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Canada
- Sally Herschorn, MD, Associate Professor, Division Chief and Medical Director of Breast Imaging, The Robert Larner, MD College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Regina Hooley, MD, FSBI, Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Jiyon Lee, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology (Breast Imaging), Department of Radiology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Daniel E. Lehrer, MD, Breast Imaging Specialist, Medical Director of CERIM, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Priscilla McAuliffe, MD, PhD, FACS, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Pittsburgh, PA
- Flavia Sarquis, MD, Coordinator Teaching and Research, Department of Breast Diagnosis of Diagnóstico Maipu, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Accredited Mastologist by the Argentinian Society of Mastology
- Cindy Henke-Sarmento, RT(R)(M)(BA), DenseBreast-info.org website designer, Co-Founder and former Technology Director
- Jennifer A. Harvey, MD, FACR, FSBI, Professor of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Director, Division of Breast Imaging, Co-Director, UVa Breast Care Team, Vice-Chair, Faculty Development, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- John Lewin, MD, FACR, FSBI, Breast Imaging Specialist, Women's Imaging Center, Denver, CO
- Susan Love, MD, Chief Visionary Officer, Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, author Dr. Susan Love’s Breast Book
- Robin Maier, MD, MA, Director of Medical Student Education/ Clerkship Director, Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Maryanne T. McLaughlin, MD, FACOG, Clinical Instructor, The Good Samaritan Family Practice Residency Program, Lebanon, PA
Many of our medical expert reviewers are both clinicians and researchers. Medical research is either government funded or industry sponsored and reviewers and contributors to content may have participated in either or both. All physician reviewers maintain current disclosures within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services database as required by law.