Board of Directors
- JoAnn Pushkin, serves as Executive Director of the organization and President of the Board of Directors. She is also a patient advocate and Co-Founder of DENSE and Founder of DENSE NY.
- Laurie Scofield, CPA, CIA, CRMA, Treasurer / Secretary, is an audit and risk management professional, and is also a patient advocate and the Founder of DENSE NJ.
- Wendie Berg, MD, PhD, serves as Chief Scientific Advisor and is Professor of Radiology at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine/Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
- Robin Seitzman, PhD, MPH, Director of Education and Epidemiology Research, has over 20 years experience in the design, conduct and analysis of epidemiologic research.
- Sharon Smith, Honorary Board member, provides corporate and industry support.
Medical Advisory Board
- DaCarla M. Albright, MD, FACOG, OB/GYN, Associate Professor, Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Wellness, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia PA
- Marcela Böhm-Vélez, M.D., FACR, FSRU, FAIUM, President, Weinstein Imaging Associates, Adjunct Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Emily F. Conant, MD, FSBI, Professor and Chief, Division of Breast Imaging, Vice Chair of Faculty Development, Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Stamatia V. Destounis, MD, FACR, FSBI, Attending Radiologist, Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, Professor, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY.
- Elizabeth Etkin-Kramer, MD, FACOG, OB/GYN, Assistant Professor, Florida International University School of Medicine, Founder Yodeah.org, Miami Beach, FL
- Paula Gordon, OBC, MD, FRCPC, FSBI, Clinical Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC Canada
- Sally Herschorn, MD, FACR, Professor, Division Chief and Medical Director of Breast Imaging, The Robert Larner, MD College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Regina Hooley, MD, FSBI, Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Carrie B. Hruska, PhD, FSBI, Professor, Medical Physicist, Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Stuart Kaplan, MD, FACR, FSBI, Section Chief, Breast Imaging, Vice Chairman, Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
- Linda Hovanessian Larsen, MD, Professor and Chief, Division of Breast Imaging, Vice Chair of Professional Development, Department of Radiology, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Jiyon Lee, MD, FACR, FSBI, Clinical Professor of Radiology (Breast Imaging), NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Daniel E. Lehrer, MD, Breast Imaging Specialist, Medical Director of CERIM, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Laurie Margolies, MD, FSBI, FACR, Chief Breast Imaging, Dubin Breast Center, System Chief Breast Imaging, Mount Sinai Health System, Professor of Radiology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Flavia Sarquis, MD, Chief, Breast Diagnosis and Intervention Department of Diagnóstico Maipú-DASA, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Accredited Mastologist by the Argentinian Society of Mastology
- Jean M. Seely, MD, FRCPC, FSBI, Full Professor of Radiology, University of Ottawa. Head of Breast Imaging Section, The Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
- Georgia Giakoumis Spear, MD, Chief, Department of Breast Imaging, NorthShore University HealthSystem, Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Athina Vourtsis, MD, PhD, DenseBreast-info.org European Liaison, Director and Founder of Diagnostic Mammography Center, Athens, Greece
Education, Program Administration
- Cheryl Cruwys, European Education Coordinator, is a career educator with administration experience in Europe who has been instrumental in breast density education in the United Kingdom.
- Amy Pettis, Programs Administrator, has a Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration degree, with Certification in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership.
Patient Advisory Group
- Kim Armstrong, a print/digital media marketing manager, first visited the website when seeking accurate information about breast imaging insurance coverage. She was impressed by the wealth and depth of information available and the ease of quickly finding the answers. She is passionate about women’s wellness and empowerment and shares her input to advance those goals.
- Patti Beyer, is an educator, breast cancer survivor and the lead advocate for the Illinois “inform” law. She discovered the website when researching her own diagnosis and appreciated that it was medically-sourced and direct about giving answers to women. She continues her work with DB-i as she feels women must come together and assist in every way they can with all things that affect women’s lives.
- Katherine H. Friedman, has a background in finance. As a high-risk breast cancer patient, she discovered the DB-i website when researching a question about insurance coverage and is grateful for the depth and breadth of website content. That the website is medically sourced and clearly fueled by a “huge amount of brainpower” motivates her to lend her own support to improve outcomes for patients.
- Cindy Henke-Sarmento, RT(R)(M)(BA), DenseBreast-info.org website designer, Co-Founder and former Technology Director
- Jennifer A. Harvey, MD, FACR, FSBI, Professor of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Director, Division of Breast Imaging, Co-Director, UVa Breast Care Team, Vice-Chair, Faculty Development, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- John Lewin, MD, FACR, FSBI, Breast Imaging Specialist, Women's Imaging Center, Denver, CO
- Susan Love, MD, Chief Visionary Officer, Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, author Dr. Susan Love’s Breast Book