This policy applies to visitors to Our Site who:
- Request information from Us,
- Provide information to Us,
- Participate in any survey,
- Use Our Site.
Acquisition of Personal Data.
Personal Data We May Collect.
We collect personal data for the legitimate purpose of answering your inquiries. By sending Us an inquiry, you consent to Us processing your data. We will maintain your personal data on Our secure servers located in the U.S. in order to communicate with you regarding Our Site and new information that is related to your request. You will have the option to ‘opt out’ of these communications. Upon opting out, We will cease sending you information and will delete your personal data.
Your personal data is available to Our employees with a legitimate business need. Access is granted on a least-privileged basis.
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of majority in your location. Our Site is directed at people who are at least the age of majority where they live. If you believe your child has provided Us with information, please contact Us by email at email@example.com.
Cookies. A Cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own Cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all Cookies, to notify them when a Cookie is issued, or not to receive Cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your Cookie preferences. By blocking Cookies, preventing cross-site tracking, or asking sites not to track, you may change your experience on the websites you visit.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These Cookies enable you to browse the Site and use features. Without these Cookies, services such as credit card services for donations, if any, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies (Analytical). These Cookies collect information about how visitors utilize the Site, allowing Us to improve the Site. These Cookies also let affiliates/business partners know if you came to the Site from an affiliate or business partner’s site and if your visit resulted in a donation. For this purpose, we collect your IP address or domain name of the device used and the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) or web address you came from or go to.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make while browsing the Site. We may store geographic location to ensure the Site is optimized for your area or We may store text, font, or other customizable elements. These Cookies will not collect any information that more specifically identifies you and will not track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Web beacons and parameter tracking (Analytical). These Cookies count users who have visited Our Site after clicking through from an advertisement on another website or in e-mails and to collect details of any Information viewed. These web beacons collect limited information that does not identify particular individuals. It is not possible to refuse the use of web beacons. Because they are used in conjunction with Cookies, you can effectively disable them by setting your browser to restrict or block Cookies.
- IP Address and traffic data (Analytical).We keep a record of traffic data that is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours (if you click a link that redirects you to our Site), and the website you visit after leaving Our Site. We also collect some Site application and statistics such as access rates, page hits, and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics, but we can identify geolocation and device information.You may disable Cookies in your browser preferences and you will be asked for your consent before these Cookies are utilized, however, Our Site may not perform or function as intended and/or you may not have access to certain features.We use this technology to look at which pages of the Site Our visitors view, and to determine whether links to other websites, if any, are used. We use this information to understand user behavior on Our Site. Further, We use this information to apply for grants or funding from both private and public sources. No names, emails address, telephone numbers, or information that could identify an individual are used in such grants. IP addresses, and geolocation information may be shared.We do not accept advertising. As a result, no advertising links are located on Our Site.
How we use information collected. We use information collected to provide better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to an inquiry,
- To provide you with services, information and updates you have requested,
- To improve Our Site,
- To market Our services, send news or invite you to events,
- To compile anonymous statistics, such as website usage statistics,
- To apply for grant funding to continue providing services,
- To resolve any issues caused by a fault or problem with our Site, and
- We may also share personal data when it is lawfully demanded by authorities such as the government, regulatory bodies, auditors or police. Similarly, we may share data to protect the security of our database, as a precaution against legal liability.
Vendors, contractors, or partners of the Site who have access to your personal data in connection with providing services for the Site are required to keep the data confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for the Site.
If you provide personal data to make a donation or make an inquiry through the Site, your personal data will be provided to Us as well as to third-party businesses who process these requests or who process your credit card information.
We will provide personally identifiable information about visitors to Site to third parties who are not business partners only if We are compelled to do so by order of a duly empowered governmental authority (including, but not limited to, a court order), or to comply with laws or regulations or in order to provide services you request. In these circumstances, your information may be divulged without your consent. Otherwise, We do not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with unrelated third parties for their own use without providing you a choice.
Storage We use servers in several locations to process and store personal data, including servers provided by Our third-party provider, Epsilonium Systems, which servers are located in Arizona.
While no server can be completely secure, We make reasonable efforts to ensure that these servers are kept in a secure, locked environment with restricted access and We have on Our own, and in conjunction with the third parties who operate the servers, established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
We will endeavor not to keep your personal data any longer than is necessary. If you opt out from further communications, We will remove your personal data from Our electronic and other files. If you request that We delete your personal data, We will honor that request. If We have provided personal data to a third party for purposes of a grant or funding application, We will not be able to destroy that personal data already provided.
Security of Your Information/Hackers. We take reasonable, industry standard steps to protect the security of personal information provided to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us or that We transmit to you. We disclaim any and all liability for disclosure of any information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties as more specifically detailed in the Disclaimer.
Access to Personal Information. You may make a “subject access request” for information We maintain. If We have your personal information, We will give you a description of the information kept, why We are keeping it, who it could be disclosed to and We will provide you with a copy of the information maintained. Please make any request for this information to firstname.lastname@example.org with “subject access request” in the subject line.
Linked Site. The Site provides links to other websites or may use third-party providers. If a hyperlinked website from Us exists, that other website may ask for personal information – for instance, if you are purchasing a product or service. We have no control over a third party’s use of any personal information you provide. We urge you to exercise care when providing personal information to anyone. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or data handling practices on other websites.
Advertising. We do not accept any advertising on the Site.
Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to Us. It is Our policy to comply with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and all other applicable laws. Our Site is not intended for children and you must be thirteen (13) or older to use Our Site in the U.S. or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you are located when you access Our Site. While individuals under the age of 13 (or the age of majority) may access and view the Site, We ask that you carefully monitor your children’s activities on the Internet. We believe that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. If We learn that a child under thirteen (13) in the U.S. or under the age of majority in another jurisdiction has accessed the Site and provided Us with Personal Data, We will delete that personal data.
Public Areas of Site. Please remember that any personal data or other information you may disclose in any public areas of the Internet becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal data in these public areas.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Telephone: c/o Holzer Patel Drennan at (720) 204-5666
In the event you are in the European Union and are still concerned that DBI is not complying with its obligations under the privacy laws applicable to you, then you may raise a concern with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ or by phone on 0303 123 1113).
Last Updated: August 16, 2018