Health Care Provider and Patient Outreach
Reaching Health Care Providers:
To address the educational needs of both the radiological and referring provider communities, DB-i will begin running ads through the end of 2022 in the Society or Breast Imaging and American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists newsletters. Our goal is to highlight DB-i educational tools, in particular the CME/CE course, Dense Breasts and Supplemental Screening.
This complements DB-i’s existing effort to reach the ob/gyn community through our interactive quiz featured in OBG Management magazine, “In the Know with Dense Breast Info” (quizzes below):
- Quiz #1, How is a woman determined to have dense breast tissue?
- Quiz #2, True or false: Breast density increases breast cancer risk
- Quiz #3,In which categories of breast density does tomosynthesis/3D mammography increase cancer detection over standard digital mammography?
- Quiz #4,Average-risk women with dense breasts—What breast screening is appropriate?
- Quiz #5, Your 28-year-old patient has a first-degree relative with a known disease-causing BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation, but she herself has not been tested. Which breast screening method(s) should you recommend?
- Quiz #6, What are the reasons to use the Gail risk assessment model?
DB-i has been very successful in reaching, educating, and engaging women through social media. The attached image is a popular example.