Dense Breasts: Recent Publications and Articles
Diagnostic Imaging/Europe article
An article authored by DB-I European Liaison, Dr. Athina Vourtsis, and Chief Scientific Advisor, Dr. Wendie Berg, appeared in the February/March 2020 online edition of DI Europe. The article, Using education to overcome unequal access to supplemental screening for women with dense breasts, takes an in-depth look at the need for education in addressing the importance of supplemental screening for women with dense breasts. A link to the article, courtesy of DI Europe, can be found within our Press page (top story under “Featured Pieces”).
More Recent Density Research Publications (and Subsequent DB-I Website Updates)
- Choudhery S, Patel BK, Johnson, M et al. Trends of Supplemental Screening in Women With Dense Breasts. JACR. 2019.12.031
- Comstock CE, Gastonis C, Newstead GM et al. Comparison of Abbreviated Breast MRI vs Digital Breast Tomosynthesis for Breast Cancer Detection Among Women With Dense Breasts Undergoing Screening. JAMA. 2020;323(8):746-756.
We’ve updated the following sections of our website to include the above JAMA Network publication:
- Patient Questions and Answers, Q22. If I have a 3D mammogram (tomosynthesis), do I also need a screening ultrasound or MRI?
- Health Care Providers FAQS, Q31. If 3D mammography (tomosynthesis is performed, will a patient also need a screening ultrasound?
- Screening Technologies, Breast MRI